Monday, August 13, 2012

Opalescent Fish Egg Friday!

Hello there! I've seen tons of beautiful iterations of the caviar mani in the past couple of weeks, so i decided to do an opalescent version yesterday with just one accent nail covered in the microbeads that look like teensy-weensy fish eggs :) Little did I know that today has become Fish Egg Friday for many bloggers in protest of Ciaté, because the brand has been threatening legal action against bloggers that call their work a 'Caviar mani' because Ciaté is in the process of trademarking it. So hence the Fish Egg Friday! Fight the power,  y'all!


This is 2 coats of Essie Shine of the Times on top of 3 coats of Essie Marshmallow. To apply the 'fish eggs' *cough....caviar beads*, I dipped my nail into the container of microbeads just after applying the last coat of polish so that the beads would stick. It was super easy and I think the beads look like tiny soap bubbles when they reflect all those pretty pastel colors :)




Happy Friday and thanks for reading! -

*See this post on MTV Style!

16 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, it's by far my fave of all the Fish Egg Fridays i've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! There were tons of great manis!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made the fish egg mani look so classy and elegant. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!
    Essence is available in USA? Cool!!!
    P.S. You speak spanish so good! , I'm so bad in english , LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Not totally tempted to do the caviar/bead part, but this almost makes me want that bottle of LuxEffects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you should totally get the flakies. Its pretty versatile because it looks different over every color you put it on.

      Delete
  6. I think this is the prettiest one I've seen so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is probably one of the first swatches of a flakie over a light color that I've actually liked. I was always dead-set on layering them over purples and blacks, but this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, this mani is amazing! i love those colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...